Welcome to the SMMS Library
The Library’s mission is to enhance teaching, learning and research at the seminary by providing access to carefully selected information resources and innovative services.
Our goals include:
- Building up collections that address the needs of the current programmes of SMMS
- Developing services that are based on the expressed preferences of our users
- Collaborating with similar institutions in the country and the region to provide resources and services to our users
- To work with our academic partners to support information literacy training to our students
Our print and digital resources are growing by the day. The library subscribes to major theological and social sciences databases and journals. Our print collection has copies of essential text and reference books required for each course of study at SMMS.
The Library is open throughout the academic day. The library has quiet study spaces suitable for reading and discovery. You will also find:
- Books, journals, and newspapers for browsing and borrowing
- The SMMS cat (Online Public Access Catalogue)
- Printing, photocopying and scanning facilities
Our dedicated staff are ready to give assistance and offer training sessions on information seeking and information management strategies for classes and individuals. Please do not hesitate to call on us for assistance.
We also invite you to make suggestions and recommendations about our collection and services. The SMMS Library is for the SMMS community. I invite you to come and use the resources we have for you.
Head: Library Services
Please take note of the following operating hours:
Monday – Friday 08h00 – 22h00
Saturday 10h00 – 18h00
Sunday 14h00 – 18h00